Friday, July 17, 2009
Strawberry Swiss Roll
Damn this swiss roll. This is an ultimate failure. It doesn't even look like a swiss roll at all, according to mommy. Thanks alot mommy. After attempting the recipe I found online, and baking such a disastrous swiss roll, I thought really hard on what went wrong. Let's take a look at the pictures first...
I started with these...

whisking the sugar and eggs till fluffy, which i did.

now look at this piece of 'shit' that i baked. The cake is too hard and it breaks when I attempt to roll it up. It's also too thin.
Now for the solution. I've thought it through and concluded that I've baked the cake far too long and my baking tin was not suitable. Thus I've bought a new baking tin today and I'll lessen the baking time.

The new baking tin. Soon I'll attempt it again and perfect the art of making a swiss roll!
It sucks when I fail. The ingredients I used all go to waste cuz I can only discard it. But yeah, where there is failure, there is success. I have to go through failure in order to perfect my baking skills. Isn't life going to be so much better if I can get it right the first time? Oh well...
Had a pretty good day today. Slacked at home in the day - watchin TV, chattin on MSN and taking Toddy to the loo. Met baby in the evening and saw hon and Sulyn for a short while before going shopping! Baby wanna get his phone done up by G-Mask and also get me my belated birthday present. He paid $69 for the sticker design and screen protector for his phone. Had to wait like 45 minutes before getting the phone back so we went to shop for my present first. Here's what he got for me:

A 'Making Great Cakes' cookbook!

Yet another Dessert cookbook.

And an anti-mosquito wristband. Think it lasts for a week once opened.
I love my presents! Thank you baby! :D
Alrightey. Gonna end the post with my beloved...


She's the greatest gift to my family.
Signing off @ 12:39 AM

