Sunday, July 12, 2009
Creme Brulee
You might have guessed it, or not, that I'll be baking Creme Brulee next. And I'm back here so soon with another post cuz if I were to drag any longer, my posts will always be late. So now for the creme brulee...
Ingredients needed for it.

Just the egg yolks were needed from the egg. I've kept the egg whites in the freezer till I need them.

Into the oven they go.

And here it is - Creme brulee with a caramelized top. As you can see, I'm still not too familiar with using the blow torch. Only the center is burnt, the sides aren't.

I'm very pleased with the texture of the custard. If only I can get my hands on vanilla pods then the flavour will be even better.
Spent the entire day with daddy last Friday. We went to the bank, Sim Lim, spectacle shop and Causeway Point. He bought an external hard disk to transfer his files out from the Vaio that he's gonna give me. And I got a new pair of spectacles. Now as I recount, I've got like 4 pairs of spectacles from the past which I do not wear anymore. On our way to Causeway Point from the spectacle shop, we passed by a place which was very foggy. I'm not sure what was going on but my dad said it might be a fire. I didn't see any fire though.



Daddy just left this morning and he will only be back in the next two months. I'm gonna miss him. This time that he was back, was the first time that I spent so much time with him. Usually I only see him for like an hour or so in the night.

Toddy hasn't slept with daddy in such a long time, since she had gotten blind. ):
For now, I'm gonna think of what to make for my next post. Probably tarts...
Signing off @ 12:08 PM

