Sunday, July 12, 2009
Chocolate Torte
I'm back to blogging again. Thanks to Eloys Huang aka my beloved honey. Somehow everyone's starting with this:I'm back to blogging people! All thanks to my little sis Celia and beloved honey Lynette Yap TT! Relax hon, I promise I won't spell your chinese name out. Lol(: (Eloys)
yea back to bloggin again ya..all thanks to eloys huang arh.. (ShiYan)
From now, the title of my posts will be names of the stuff that I bake. Since I'm always baking/making something, there will surely be posts that I will update regularly. (That is if I'm not too lazy to blog.)
So to celebrate my first post, I have made Chocolate Torte! (This was actually made quite a few days ago)

The ingredients needed.

Whipped egg whites with my new mixer! Look at how glossy it is...

Freshly baked from the oven.

It doesn't look so appealing here cuz I removed the torte an hour too early.

It can be eaten on its own, but if you serve it with ice cream or whipped cream, it's good too.
This recipe was taken from a book given to me from Natto for my birthday! She gave me 2 books in fact and I love them both.

Mong gave me presents too and they were really useful. Thanks Mong!

Hon and her gang shared and bought me this pretty necklace, which I will never buy for myself. I will only buy stuff that I will regret later, lol. Okay, this doesn't happen all the time or I'm really screwed.

Before school started last Wednesday, daddy brought me to Sia Huat at temple street for some shopping. I spent over a hundred dollars and I'm so excited of what I got that I have to post them here!

For baking large tarts, and it has a removable base and it's non-stick too.

A loaf tin.

Brioche moulds which cost up to $70! But they are so pretty, and daddy doesn't forbid me from buying them.

This is my favourite - Ramekins! I could bake my favourite desserts like creme brulee and souffles (:

A blowtorch with gas! For my creme brulee of course.
That's all for my shopping at Sia Huat. They are seriously awesome buys if you ask me.
Daddy got me a pair of CK jeans, which I love. However! I can't wear them as they are too big for me. I gotta give it up to my sis and suffer with the loss of such an expensive pair of jeans lol.


I"m gonna end my first post with my awesomest buy - KitchenAid Electric Mixer! I've been waiting for this for almost a year already and daddy only got it for me recently. Bought it for like $650 after discounts, and it's still expensive. I will ensure that I use it to its fullest capacity and not waste the money used to buy it.



:D :D :D Awesome!
Signing off @ 11:27 AM

